About us Contact Us
WARNING AND DISCLAIMERI WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT NORTHERN COUNTRY MORELS.COM DOES NOT RECOMEND OR ENCOURAGE THE USE OF THE PHOTOS ON THE PAGES OF THIS SITE FOR IDENTIFYING MUSHROOMS. THE PAGES AND THE CONTENT OF THIS SITE IS FOR REFERENCE ONLY. IF YOU ARE NOT 100% ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY SURE OF A MUSHROOM'S IDENTITIY, THROW IT OUT!
Warning! There are many poisonous mushrooms out there. Some are even deadly.
Many mushrooms contain a toxin called MMH, or monmethylhydrazine (a chemical found in rocket fuel. Therefore the content of this web site Northerncountrymorels.com shall be used as information only and not as a field guide for safe mushroom hunting. Each visitor who views the information on this web site shall take it upon themselves to exercise extreme caution. There are many poisonous mushrooms and some even deadly. This web site makes no claim whatsoever that the information provided on this site is sufficient enough for a safe mushroom hunt nor does this said web site provide enough information to identify safe or poisonous mushrooms.
If it is your first time going mushroom hunting, you should always go with an experienced hunter until you are confident in distinguishing the safe mushrooms from the poisonous mushrooms. Because some mushrooms are poisonous or deadly.
It is the visitors responsibility to take it upon his/her self to use their head and to provide a safe hunt for his/her self. Acquire the proper field guides and go with an experienced hunter.
Again, the information on this said web site shall not be use as an aid for a safe mushroom hunt since some mushrooms are poisonous or even deadly.
THERE IS NO CURE FOR MUSHROOM POISONING.If it is your fist time going mushroom hunting you should go with an experienced hunter until you are well educated in identifying the edible mushrooms from the poisonous mushrooms.
Here are some rules to follow to avoid mushroom poisoning.
First thing to remember is when in doubt throw it out. If you are not absolutely sure of the type of mushroom you have DON'T EAT IT. It's not worth taking a chance over.
Always cook your mushrooms. Don't eat them raw
Don't eat decaying mushrooms.
If it is your first time trying a new type of wild mushroom you should only eat a very small amount your first time then wait 24 hours and if your not feeling sick then go a head and try some more, Wait another 24 hours and if still nothing go ahead and eat up. Some people will have allergic reactions even to the safest mushrooms such as Morels. Young children and elderly people are most likely to have a reaction.
Any morel that is not hollow inside or contains cottony wisps do not eat. If it isn't hollow don't swallow. If after you try a wild mushroom you start to feel dizzy, sick to your stomach or cramping seek medical attention immediately.
BE SAFE, USE YOUR HEAD AND DO YOUR HOMEWORK.
|Copyright © Northerncountrymorels.com 2005-2009|